Bridal shower is like any other party. The secret of success lies in good company, a bit of planning and sense for the detail.
Bridal shower decorations are definitely part of the later. We all know showers are not nearly as official or ceremonial as the wedding parties, but still want to make them lovely and memorable experience. After all we are throwing a party for a person with a very special place in our hearts!
While bridal shower decor can be bought in many on- and off-line stores, we should define our goals before we make any decision.
Chosen decoration should match at least few of next requirements:
- Bride's personality. (She is the star of the party!)
- Audience. (Bride will not be alone there!)
- The venue. (Restaurants and historic monuments will significantly restrict your creative juices.)
- Time of the year. (Although the bikini beach themed bridal shower can be great idea in the winter, it will not work well outdoors, especially if you are throwing it in Colorado or Nebraska.)
- Time of the day. (For some reason candles perform better when the daylight is out.)
- Time of the week. (If you organize bridal shower party on the school night, your program will be seriously limited, and so will be your guest list.)
- Wedding theme. (Sometimes it is great to compliment already existing theme, sometimes it is better to make a contrast or completely ignore it, but it is always good to have it in mind.)
You get the idea, right?
We can't provide the exact answers for specific shower, but we can give some ideas about the decorations, to ignite your inspiration.
- If the bride-to-be is girly girl, Everything Pink Theme could be a nice idea. Decorate room with pink flowers, ribbons, bows and other details. Start with invitations and dress code, then follow the pinkish pattern to the grand finale witth opening gifts.
- A Classic Tea Party can be a bit upgraded with a Mad Hatter and other surreal characters from Alice and Wonderland. Of course tea should stay the main leitmotif, starting with a teabag in the invitation, decorating place with classic china and lots of sweets, making a final statement with presents.
- If you decide to throw Bathroom Theme, try to find a s many bubbly things, as possible. Send invites in bubbly envelopes, decorate place with lots of balloons and have a lot of champagne on the ice ready. Don't forget non-alcoholic cocktails!
- For an avid moviegoer recreation of scenes from her favorite movies may be the perfect choice. You can design an invitation in the form of movie ticket, decorate walls with reprints of appropriate posters, offer fortune cookies with famous movie quotations inside ... Yes, please include a red carpet too!
- There are thousands of already existing themes for bridal showers, each with innumerous options to modify and thousands of themes still waiting to be invented. Your imagination and knowledge of bride's taste should be your general guidelines and appropriate bridal shower party decor will spontaneously follow your ideas when they come to fruition.